It's all over the news: TV and internet that there's yet another health threat originating from Mexico that scare people all over the world, Philippines included. This "new" sickness is called Swine Flu Virus. New sickness evolve rapidly these days and as a regular citizen of the world, I have no idea about its evolutions. But I'm pretty sure that it has something to do with how people use the resources they have which positively or negatively affects the environment and its inhabitants.

According to the news, there is no available vaccine yet for this new virus so to combat it is to be cautious with the food we eat, interacting with other people or creatures and pray that the things you do to prevent it from getting at you is enough. This increases our chance of not getting the virus. As wise men said, "Doing something is definitely better than doing nothing". For now, avoid eating pork as it originated from pigs. Avoid shaking hands or beso-beso as it can be transferred by doing so. Just explain to the person why you have to shy away from doing such things for now to avoid misunderstandings.

It is said in the news that the average lifespan of a person getting this virus is 3-5 days and that is super fast. Makes me wonder that if ever I get the virus, I hope that the good and bad experiences I've shared with my wife and other loved ones is more than enough for them to appreciate me should I pass away. I believe that it's not the length of time a person lived his life but the number of great experiences and great lessons you've shared with the people you love.

So should anyone catch this horrific virus even after doing everything you can to prevent it, be strong and try to live the remaining days of your life in adding up great experiences with your loved ones. But I hope and pray that this virus be solved sooner than later.

Click here to read a Q&A on the things you need to know about this new virus. Again, learning or being educated about a subject is the number 1 solution in solving problems.

0 comments